Job Opportunity – SAFE Samburu Project Officer
SAFE Samburu, based in Westgate Conservancy are the Samburu team of the Kenyan NGO Sponsored Arts for Education (S.A.F.E.). SAFE Samburu use performance tours and follow up community programmes to educate the community about HIV/ AIDS and FGM/C.
Purpose of the position
The Project Officer will support the Project Managers. It will be a contract of one year.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the logistical planning of all of SAFE Samburu’s activities
- Mobilize the community for workshops and performances
- Liaise with schools to organize SAFE Samburu school activities
- Lead the facilitation of workshops
- Perform with the SAFE Samburu team
- Collect information from the local dispensaries
- Make detailed reports of all activities, collecting field reports from other members of staff and typing them up for the Project Manager.
- He/she should have a minimum of form four certificate or above.
- He/she should possess skills to facilitate and mobilize people
- He/she should be in a position to speak in public
- He/she should be able to perform in SAFE’s performance shows
- He/she should be able to read and write good field reports
- He/ she should be computer literate
- He/she should speak Samburu language, English and Kiswahili
If your profile matches the above job specifications, please send your applications including a detailed CV highlighting relevant experiences, a covering letter detailing your previous experience and interests which are relevant to the role, a daytime telephone contact, email address and names of three referees to reach us by close of business on 18th October 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org, addressed to Programmes director SAFE Kenya.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted